Clearly I have a shopping problem or more like a makeup addiction. I’m going on vacation to California in a few days and realized I was running out of a few things, and in desperate need of other things, so I decided to take a quick trip to Sephora. This “quick” trip resulted in two trips to Sephora and one trip to M.A.C within a few days! I know, I know. Don’t judge me.
On my first trip to Sephora, I ended up getting strictly skincare products because I was seriously in desperate need of them. I don’t think I’ve ever actually splurged on good quality skincare products and honestly my skin as been paying for it. My face has been super dry lately and my pores have been horrendous, I just felt like it was in desperate need of some TLC.
On my second trip to Sephora, I went for one thing and one thing only. I was on the hunt for a new foundation and although it was difficult to keep my eyes from wandering, I remained focused and completed my task. haha.
of course, I did a great job on my second trip to Sephora but that did not stop me from entering M.A.C which happened to be right next to it. Now we all know M.A.C is probably every makeup lover’s weakness, so it is dangerous territory. I ran out of my concealer so I had to go in for more and of course I had to pick up a few other goodies while I was there. My bank account probably hates me right now but it was totally worth it!
Anyway, now that I’ve bored you with my rant I will show you what I got! (I know this is what you’ve been waiting for)
(1st picture ; from left to right.)
1. Philosophy Take a Deep Breath Oil Free Energizing Oxygen Gel Cream Moisturizer- Now that is a mouthful to say! I picked this moisturizer specifically because Casey (itsbl0ndie) from youtube uses it and raves about it so much. Gel moisturizers absorb quicker and easier into the skin so I figured it was good for someone with combination-dry skin. I have started using it and so far so good.
2. Josie Maran Pure Argan Milk Intensive Hydrating Treatment- I think the name speaks for itself. I’ve probably said this a thousand times but my skin has been going from oily to dry to oily, so it’s been really difficult to determine exactly what skin type I have. I decided to get this because I generally have dehydrated dry skin which causes fine lines and wrinkles and that my friends is a huge NO. Not okay.
3. GlamGlow Youthmud Tinglexfoliate Treatment- I think the world is raving about these products right now therefore it was a must try. I love face masks in general and well, since everyone has been loving this brand so much i decided to get the sample version of it to see what all the hype is about! I will deff. let you guys know how I feel about it once I try it!
4. Josie Maran 100% Pure Argan Oil Light – I’ve used this product before and loved it. I had gotten a sample in my birch box a while back and I did enjoy it, so I decided to repurchase it but this time in the light version. The regular one can be a bit heavy but I find that this version is lightweight and deff. sinks into the skin quicker.
5. Philosophy Hope In A Jar Night- I’ve never actually used a night cream per say. I barely even wash my face before bed (I know, I know. That’s terrible!) but, my skin has really been in need of some extra love. I’m trying to stick to a strict skincare regimen so I figured if I bought a night time cream then it would give me a reason to wash my face at night. Let’s hope that idea works! (Fingers crossed!)
(2nd picture ; From left to right)
1. M.A.C Retro Matte Lipstick ( Relentlessly Red ) – One of my biggest addictions when it comes to M.A.C is their lipsticks. I truly believe that if anything, M.A.C has the best eyeshadows and lipsticks! I don’t own many because there isn’t a M.A.C store close to where I live, but when I do get to go there I try my best to pick up at least one! This color caught my eye because for one, I love anything red or bright or bold. It’s more of a watermelon red color, it applies super matter and I can’t wait to use it!
2. M.A.C Prolongwear Concealer (NW35) – I needed a new concealer. This is my holy grail concealer, I haven’t found anything as amazing as this. This color is the exact match to my actual skin color, I picked it up for days where I’m wearing natural looking makeup.
3. Makeup Forever HD Foundation- I’ve heard friends and Youtubers rave about this product forever now and I still have yet to try it. Once I like something it’s kind of hard for me to venture off, but since I ran out of pretty much all of my favorite foundations I decided to try something new. When I swatted it, it felt a little thick but I guess we shall see. I have high hopes for this foundation so I’m hoping it lives up to its hype and to my expectations.
4. M.A.C Prolongwear Concealer (NW30)- Although I usually always get this concealer in the shade NW35, I decided to also get one shade lighter so that I can use it as a highlight as well! ( Everyone loves the Kim.K highlight effect right? right.)
5. M.A.C Viva Glam Rihanna- I’m not a huge Rihanna fan per say, but when I heard she had a new Viva Glam lipstick I had to check it out! This lipstick is so creamy and the color is so beautiful, I can already tell it’s going to be one of my favorite reds.
Those are all of my recent purchases. Let’s hope I can stay put until IMATS so that I can get lots of goodies there! I swear this is a real addiction but I love it! What have been some of your recent purchases?
xo, Jess ♥