*This is a compensated campaign in collaboration with Neutrogena and Latina Bloggers Connect. All Opinions Are My Own.
Winter is right around the corner and if you live on the east coast like me, you can already feel it creeping in. I have extremely dry skin and also suffer from eczema, so the winter months are my skin’s worst enemy, especially my hands. Whenever I talk to people about moisturizing during the winter, everyone always seems to forget about their hands. I work with my hands a ton and whether I’m at my regular job or doing makeup on a client, I always want my hands to look nice and polished. I decided to share my little tips to keeping my hands polished, healthy, & of course moisturized during these cold winter months!
- Whenever I wash my hands I make sure it’s with warm water. Extremely hot water is not good for the skin in general and cold water is just not a choice in the winter.
- When outside, try to always wear gloves that keep your hands warm so that the skin doesn’t become dry and/or chapped.
- Exfoliate. Just like your face, lips, and any other body part, your hands need some exfoliation as well. This will get rid of any dry/rough skin and prep your hands for your hand creams.
- Last but not least, moisturize. I cannot express this enough. Hand lotions and creams are going to be your best friends during the winter, it is extremely important to keep your hands moisturized with lotions or creams throughout the entire day.
The Neutrogena Norwegian Formula Hand Cream has quickly become one of my favorite hand creams for the Winter. I have been trying this hand cream for about two weeks now and cannot stop using it. I love the fact that it’s extremely fast absorbing and is very light weight. Neutrogena developed this specific hand cream to relieve extremely dry, thirsty skin, and to protect it from further abuse. This is especially perfect for those of you who work outside in the harsh cold weather, as it heals, protects, and provides lasting relief.
Some benefits of this hand cream:
- Repairs skin’s natural moisture barrier to keep hands, and especially cuticles, softer and smoother, longer ( This is especially amazing for me because my cuticles always get so dry!)
- Eliminates 7 signs of damage – dryness, chapping, cracking, splitting of nails, dry cuticles, scaliness, roughness.
- Long lasting formula is clinically proven to heal dry hands
- Noticeably improves the look and feel of your skin
I have truly been enjoying this hand cream and carry it in my purse every single day so that I can easily apply it throughout the day. There are two different formulas, Fragrance Free & Scented. Best of all it is only $4.99 and can be purchased nationwide at any food, drug and mass merchandisers.
I hope this was helpful and you guys are able to keep warm this winter and of course keep those hands nice and healthy! What are your favorite products for healthy hands?
xo, Jess ♥