I’ve realized that my shopping addiction has been at an all time high, to the point where I’ve decided that after IMATS I will take a big break from shopping for makeup. I have so many new products to try out for you guys, that I honestly do not need to buy anymore. Especially because I know I’m going to be buying lots of goodies at IMATS (or at least I’m going to try, I’ve heard the lines are insane!)
I think because my skin has been changing so much, I’ve been buying a lot of skincare and just different things to see if my skin can go back to normal. My pores are huge! and my skin is so dry, especially my under eye are. I’ve been on the lookout for some good products to help that, so if you guys have any recommendations PLEASE let me know!
Anyway, Here is what I bought in the past two weeks…
My first trip to the drugstore was strictly for my prom makeup video. I needed glitter and I wanted to try a new foundation that wouldn’t look so powdery on my skin.
I decided I needed something for my hair as well, since I was running out of shampoo and conditioner but wanted something that would actually work. My hair has been really dry lately, and I am in the process of growing it out so I wanted something good. I went to Ulta specifically for that reason, but of course ended up with more than just that.
I thought I was finished with that. I was not. I received a 20% off coupon and just had to take advantage so I decided to go back to Ulta and pick up a few things, plus I was in desperate need of a new face wash. My pores haven’t been friendly lately.
So now in detail, I’ll show you what I got. Keep in mind some of these products were samples given to me by the cashier. They’re always so nice to me at my local Ulta!
(1st picture ; from left to right)
1. Wet ‘N Wild Mega Sparkle Confetti – I heard about these through Dulcecandy87 on Youtube and I needed glitter for my prom tutorials so i decided to purchase them. The price point wasn’t bad at all so it was deff worth it. My local Rite Aid only had two colors, so I bought them both. They are Lilac Frosting & Pink Sugar. I used Lilac Frosting in my Prom Tutorial.
2. Maybelline Baby Skin Instant Pore Eraser – This has been a product that everyone has been talking about! I wanted to try it for myself because I’ve heard mixed reviews about it. So far I actually like it!
3. L’Oreal Telescopic Mascara in Carbon Black– I’ve always been a huge fan of L’Oreal’s Voluminous Mascara in Carbon Black and Carli Bybel on Youtube is always raving about this one so I decided to try it. Not gonna lie, i’m not really a huge fan so far.
4. L’Oreal True Match Lumi Foundation – This foundation is a product that i’ve been wanting to try for a while but have never got around to actually purchasing it. I was in love with my Neutrogena Healthy Skin Foundation so I figured this would be something like it. I tried it a few times so far and I’m not really in love with it so far.
(2nd Picture ; From Left to Right)
1. Pacifica Hand & Body Lotion Wipes – This was something super cool that I saw with all the mini products by the cash wrap at Ulta. It was so intriguing to me, especially because my skin gets really dry even if I put on lotion. I figured this was a cool idea and it would be practical when out and about.
2. Tarte Kit ( Maracuja C-brighter eye treatment, Inner Rim Liner, Gifted Amazonian Clay Smart Mascara – So I know it looks like I purchased a million Tarte products but in reality it came in a little kit, but I accidentally threw out the box. I got this mainly because I ran out of the eye cream and I did enjoy it before but not enough to purchase the actual size one. It also came with the inner rim liner that i’ve been wanting to try. It’s a nude waterproof eyeliner made for your waterline! Perfect to give you a more awake look. The mascara I am not a fan of at all.
3. Urban Decay Electric Palette – This was not purchased from Ulta but I didn’t want to photograph it by itself. I saw this palette on Urban Decay’s Instagram and immediately knew I needed it in my life, I waited for the day it was released and purchased it the day of on their website. It’s so different than any other palette I own and I love bright eyeshadow, especially for the summer! I will have a video feat. this palette really soon and also a blog post/review on the palette so stay tuned.
4. Samples ( Stila Stay all day 10 in 1 HD Illuminating Beauty Balm, Sarah Mcnamara Miracle Skin Transformer Face, Ouidad Curl Quencher Moisturizing Styling Gel) – The girl at Ulta was super nice and gave me some extra goodies, I’m really excited to try the Stila BB cream and the Sarah McNamara Face Enhancer. Anything that will help my face look its best I’m a fan of. The Curling Gel I probably won’t use as much so I might give it to my mom.
5. Carol’s Daughter Repairing Kit – I saw an ad about this product in a magazine and put it on my wish list. When I saw they had a little trial kit I thought how perfect! I love mini trial kits because it lets me try the products for a cheaper price. That way if I hate it, at least I didn’t pay full price and I’m stuck with a huge bottle. Well, so far I love this stuff. My hair feels so smooth and shiny… I can’t wait to try it a few more times so I can do a review on this!
6. Vera Wang Rollerball Perfume – My favorite Perfume, ever! It just smells so good. I have the regular large version and also another version of the Princess, I believe it’s Rock Princess, not sure but it’s in a glittery bottle. Anyway, I got this rollerball because my perfume wears off throughout the day so I just wanted something that I could reapply with during the day.
(3rd Picture ; From Left to Right)
1. Too Faced Primed and Poreless Skin Smoothing Priming Powder & Finishing Veil – I’ve always been a huge fan of the regular Too Faced Primed and Poreless Primer, so when Nicole Guerriero spoke about this baby in one of her videos I knew I just had to have it! I was really surprised my Ulta carried since they never carry any good stuff! There was also a pressed powder version, but I think a loose powder will work better for me.
2. NYX Soft Matte Lip Cream – I got this in the color Transylvania which sounds spooky. It is a very vampy dark raisin plum color. So beautiful for the Fall/Winter and who knows maybe I’ll live a little and wear it in the Summer. What do they say, YOLO? haha.
3. Murad Samples ( Essential-C Cleanser, Rapid Age Spot and Pigment Lightening Serum, Essential-C Eye Cream) – Since I bought Murad products the girl at Ulta also gave me some Murad Samples. I’m mostly excited about the cleanser and the eye cream, especially because they have Vitamin C in it. The Age Spot Serum I will probably never use, since I don’t really have any age spots.
4. Murad Blackhead and Pore Clearing Duo – My pores have been a large issue lately, especially ever since my skin became super dry. I’m not sure if its something I’m using or what is causing my skin and pores ago react differently. I decided to pick this up on a whim and hope that it would minimize my pores. We shall see, I’ve read great reviews so fingers crossed!
5. Too Faced Melted Liquified Longwear Lipstick – I saw someone I follow on Instagram wearing a beautiful purple lip color and when I asked her what lipstick it was she told me it was this product. I was hesitant to order it online at first, so when I saw it in store I just had to try it! I wasn’t sure what color to choose, so i decided to go with something I didn’t already have. I chose the color Melted Coral, because although I own a few Orange lipsticks, I don’t have anything in a peachy coral color. I hope it looks good on me!
6. NYX Butter Gloss – Everyone knows how much I love the NYX Lip Butters, they literally feel like butter on your lips. So smooth and creamy, and they last a while too! I saw that they came out with new colors and decided to pick up this purple to go with my Purple Revlon Matte Lip Balm. This color is called Raspberry Tart and from the looks of it I think I’m going to love it!
Phew! That was A LOT stuff! My last little makeup shopping spree will be for IMATS so stay tuned for that haul! I’m going to try to limit myself for the month of May so enjoy these hauls while they’re here! What new items have you purchased lately or what is on your wish list?
xo, Jess ♥